- 400g of rice noodles
- 300g of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, peeled & thinly sliced diagonally with a peeler
- 2 courgettes, spiralized
- 100g of frozen edamame beans
- 1 litre of good-quality vegetable stock
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tsp of palm sugar
- 3 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of Tahini
- 4 tbsp of black vinegar (not balsamic)
- 2 tsp of dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp of kecap manis
- 1 tsp of chilli/chilli oil, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- Spring onions, sliced
- Coriander, leaves picked
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Combine all the stock ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, mix the stock sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. When the stock comes to the boil, place the rice noodles in the stock, then one minute later, add the cauliflower and carrot.
- After another minute, remove the pot from the heat and add the rest of the veg and the stock sauce. Mix well, taste and adjust the seasoning, if required, with extra splashes of ingredients from the stock sauce.
- Divide the noodles and vegetables between four bowls. Ladle the soup into the bowls over the vegetables and noodles, and garnish with some sliced spring onions/scallions, coriander/cilantro leaves and toasted sesame seeds – plus some extra chilli/chili oil if you can handle the heat!
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.