- 1½ tbsp of soy sauce or tamari
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped ginger
- 3 tsp of Tabasco or hot sauce
- 450g of raw prawns (shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 3 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 180g of red rice, soaked and cooked
- 100g of grated carrot
- 240g of frozen peas
- 200g of beansprouts
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce or tamari, garlic, ginger and one teaspoon of the Tabasco or hot sauce. Stir in the prawns and set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat the eggs with half a teaspoon salt and one teaspoon Tabasco.
- Heat one tbsp of the sesame oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the eggs and sauté for one minute until just firm. Remove from the pan into a small bowl.
- Add the remaining sesame oil, the toasted sesame oil and the remaining Tabasco or hot sauce to the pan and when hot, add the onion and sauté for five minutes until soft. Add the prawn mixture and cook for three to five minutes until just cooked. Add the rice, carrot, peas and remaining salt and sauté until warmed through. Add the beansprouts and egg and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot with extra toasted sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.