- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 Essential Waitrose Cauliflower, cut into florets, stalks chopped
- 1 fennel, chopped
- 1 tbsp of chopped thyme leaves
- 750ml of Cooks’ Ingredients vegetable stock
- 500g of Charlotte potatoes, cut into 1cm cubes
- 350g tub of Essential Waitrose Cheese Sauce
- 235g pack of washed spinach
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the cauliflower and fennel. Cook over a gentle heat, turning the vegetables frequently for 10 minutes until beginning to colour.
- Add the thyme and stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for five minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Tip in the cheese sauce, then the spinach, pushing the leaves down into the soup to wilt. Grate in plenty of nutmeg and cook for a further five minutes until the sauce is hot. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with more nutmeg. Delicious served with warmed seeded spelt loaf or rolls.
- Cook’s tip: For a spicy twist on this hearty soup, omit the nutmeg and add 1-2 tbsp curry paste, such as Madras or Cooks’ Ingredients Tikka Masala.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.