- 275g of Jersey Royal potatoes, scrubbed but left whole
- 75g of butter
- 75g of crunchy peanut butter
- 200g of dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g of brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 110g of self-raising flour
- 40g of cocoa
- 25g of salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Jersey salted caramel, to serve
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the potatoes, and cook for ten to 12 minutes until tender. Drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Pull off any loose bits of skin and then finely grate the potatoes.
- Line a 20cm square baking tin and preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a large pan, gently melt the butter, peanut butter and chocolate, stirring regularly to combine and stop the chocolate catching on the bottom. Remove from the heat.
- Use an electric whisk to beat the sugar and eggs for a few minutes until they are thick. Fold in the chocolate mixture until well combined, then gradually fold in the grated potatoes. Sift over the flour and cocoa and fold into the mix. Spoon into the baking tray and scatter over the peanuts. Bake for 20 minutes until just cooked but still a little wobbly.
- Cool in the pan for ten minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve with the Jersey salted caramel.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.