In need of a chocolate fix? These no-bake vegan brownies are deliciously indulgent and contain Vega Essentials, giving you a dose of protein, fibre, omega-3 and 13 essential vitamins.
- 150g of pecan nuts, plus 12 reserved pecan nuts for decoration
- 300g of pitted medjool dates
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 3 scoops of Chocolate Vega Essentials
- 2 small cooked sweet potatoes
- Add the pecan nuts to a food processor and blend into a flour.
- Scoop the flesh from the sweet potatoes and add to the food processor, along with the cocoa powder, salt, dates and Chocolate Vega Essentials. Blend everything together into a smooth mixture.
- Line a small square deep-sided baking dish with parchment paper and spoon in the mixture, squashing right into the corners and levelling it out with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill for two hours.
- Dust the surface of the brownie with the remaining cocoa powder and cut into 16 small squares. Press a pecan nut into the top of each brownie square to finish.
Recipe courtesy of Holland & Barrett