The berry acai has delicious fruity, almost red-wine notes with chocolate overtones and is packed full of micronutrients and almost double the antioxidants of blueberries. Top your smoothie bowls with swirls of silky nut or seed butter for an extra protein boost.
- 100g raw cashews (soaked for 2–3 hours, or preferably overnight, if time)
- 1 large banana, peeled, chopped and frozen
- 50g each of raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
- 75ml of cashew milk
- 1 tbsp of acai berry powder
- 1 tbsp of linseeds
For the topping
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seed butter (or any nut or seed butter)
- A handful of mixed fresh berries
- Seeds, such as chia, pumpkin and sunflower
- A few edible flowers (optional)
1. Drain and rinse the cashews, then place into a blender with all the ingredients for the smoothie and blitz until smooth.
2. Allow the mixture to stand and thicken for one minute then blend for a further ten seconds.
3. Divide the mixture into bowls and serve with a swirl of pumpkin seed butter (or whatever butter you're using), then top with fresh berries, a mixture of your favourite seeds and a few edible flowers, if you wish.
Recipe courtesy of The Goodness of Nuts and Seeds by Natalie Seldon, photography by Faith Mason (Kyle Books, £6.49)