Super quick, super easy and packed with superfoods – this recipe lets you rustle up a healthy breakfast even on the busiest mornings. Our top tip? Slice up fresh fruit and and store in the freezer so you'll always have it on hand.
- 300g of frozen strawberries, slightly thawed
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 4 tbsp of acai powder
- 250ml of unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp of any of the following: nut or seed butter, plant-based protein powders (made from hemp seeds, brown rice, sprouted peas or seeds), or soaked nuts or seeds
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Fresh fruit
- Sliced hemp seeds
- Bee pollen
- Goji berries
- Clear honey (preferably unheated)
- Place the frozen fruits, acai powder and milk in a strong high-speed blender. Add the nut butter, protein powder or soaked nuts or seeds, if using, and mix until creamy and smooth. If you do not have a strong high-speed blender, use a hand blender and mix in a tall jug.
- Once the mixture has reached a frozen yoghurt consistency, spoon it into bowls and top with sliced fruit, hemp seeds, bee pollen, goji berries and a drizzle of honey, if using.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Honestly Healthy