Start your morning off right with this low-carb, protein-packed breakfast. The goat's cheese adds a delicious creaminess to the tart tomatoes.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 300g of cherry tomatoes
- 100g of spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves
- Small handful of basil leaves
- 100g of goat's cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
1. Heat the oven to 200°C. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for five to six mins until softened and lightly golden. Add the tomatoes and thyme and toss for one minute to soften.
2. Remove from the heat, add the spinach leaves and basil, and toss together to wilt a little. Transfer all the ingredients to a greased 30cm x 20cm rectangular baking tin. Take small scoops of the goat's cheese and dot over the vegetables.
3. Season the eggs and beat well, then pour over the vegetables and cheese. Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until pale golden and set.
Recipe by Ali Alt, Founder of Baliboosta.com