Filled with seasonal fruit and soft spice, this is the perfect autumn alternative to summer breakfast pots.
- 70g of gluten-free oats
- 20g of desiccated coconut
- 130ml of almond milk or rice milk
- 2 star anise
- 50ml of hot water
- 280g of plums (approx. 4 plums)
- 160ml of water
- 40ml of agave
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 6g of kuzu + 2 tbsp of cold water
- 15g of puffed quinoa or oats
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of agave
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
For the compote:
- Remove pips from the plums and dice into 1cm cubes.
- Put the plums into a pan with 80ml of water and the agave and vanilla essence.
- Take to a medium-high heat and simmer for seven minutes until the plums are soft.
- Take off the heat and add the rest of the water.
- Mix the kuzu granules with cold water untill it becomes a chalky liquid.
- Put the plums back onto the heat and add the kuzu liquid and stir until it thickens.
- Take off the heat and cool.
For the bircher:
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix. Leave overnight in the fridge for at least three to four hours.
- Before plating up, take the star anise out of the mixture.
For the granola:
- Mix quinoa puffs, cinnamon and agave together.
- In a pan, melt the coconut oil and add the puffs.
- Cook on a medium heat for two minutes, stirring continuously.
To serve, layer the compote and bircher intermittently with the granola on the top.
Recipe courtesy of Honestly Healthy by Natasha Corrett