These refined sugar-free cookies can be made vegan-friendly with a couple of simple substitutes.
- 130g of gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp of bicarbonate soda
- Pinch of salt
- 60g of goat's butter (or coconut oil for a vegan option)
- 70g of honey (or agave syrup for a vegan option)
- 80g of cashew butter
- 2 packets of Nākd Salted Caramel Nibbles
- 20g of coconut sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the gluten free flour, bicarbonate of soda, coconut sugar, packets of Nākd Salted Caramel Nibbles and salt to a bowl.
- Melt the butter on a low heat (do not let it over-heat or burn). Add the honey and cashew butter to the melted butter and mix together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Scoop a table spoon of dough onto the pre-lined baking tray. Flatten the mixture slightly so it resembles a cookie shape. Repeat this eight times to use all of the batter.
- Place the tray of cookies into the pre-heated oven and bake for ten minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool for 20-30 minutes. Enoy the cookies warm or transfer to a wire cooling tray for 20 minutes before storing in air-tight containers.
Recipe courtesy of Honestly Healthy by Natasha Corrett