These vegan breakfast pots are simple, delicious and packed with immune system-boosting superfoods. Prep the chia seeds and bircher muesli the evening before for a speedy five-minute breakfast.
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 4 tbsp of rice milk (or any dairy-free milk alternative)
- 70g of porridge oats
- 1 orange – zest and juice
- 15g of chopped dates
- ¼ tsp of orange blossom water
- A 10g cinnamon stick (or ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder)
- 100ml of warm water
- 1 punnet of berries
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- In a bowl, soak the chia seeds in the rice milk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, make your bircher muesli by placing the oats, orange zest and juice, chopped dates, and orange blossom in a bowl. Next, add the warm water, the cinnamon stick and stir. Leave both to sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
- In a glass or jar, firstly put a layer of the soaked chia seeds in, followed by a layer of the orange blossom Bircher muesli, and finally, a layer of berries on the top, before sprinkling over the bee pollen. Yum!
Recipe courtesy of Honestly Healthy by Natasha Corret