These vegan vanilla and raspberry raw cheesecakes are the ultimate guilt-free sweet treat, and packed with plant-based protein.
For the base:
- ½ cup of cashews
- ½ cup of pecans
- ½ cup of pitted dates (around 6-8)
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- 1 tsp of maca power
- Pinch of sea salt
For the cheesecake layer:
- 1.5 cups of cashews, soaked for at least three hours
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ½ to 1 scoop of vegan pea and hemp protein powder
- ¼ cup of dessicated coconut
- ¾ cup of melted coconut oil
- ½ cup of frozen raspberries
- Start by making the base by blitzing the cashews and pecans in a food processor until crumbly. Add in the pitted dates, almond butter, maca and sea salt and blend until a firm dough forms.
- Place the dough into a lined loaf tin and distribute evenly. Firmly press down so the mix is tightly packed into the base.
- To make the cheesecake, place all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth, this may take a few minutes. Pour the mix over the cheesecake base and spread out using the back of a spoon. Place into the freezer for an hour to set.
- Once set, slice the cheesecake into small squares. Add some extra frozen raspberries and drizzle some melted dark chocolate on top for extra decoration. Keep in the fridge until ready to devour.
Recipe courtesy of Plant Based Londoner