Baked eggs are a classic brunch staple. Enjoy this softly spiced version with friends on a lazy Sunday morning – and don't skip the parsley garnish, it adds the perfect balance of freshness.
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ of a red onion
- ¼ tsp of ground cumin
- 4-6 tbsp of water
- 50g of spinach
- 1 avocado
- 4 eggs
- 10g of flat leaf parsley
- Thinly slice the red pepper and chop the onion, sauté in the coconut oil in a frying pan for one minute.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan along with the cumin and cook for two minutes over a medium heat.
- Add half the water to the pan and leave to simmer for three minutes before adding the rest of the water and cooking for a further minute.
- Add the spinach to the pan, mix through and season.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and slice. Lay the avocado slices on top of the tomato, pepper and spinach mixture in the pan.
- Next, carefully crack the eggs on top of the avocado, put a lid over the pan and cook for two to four minutes, or until the white of the eggs is just set but the yolks are runny.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Honestly Healthy