This delicious recipe is quick, easy and family-friendly. Plus, it's just as tasty as leftovers the next day.
175g of medjool dates
30g of hazelnuts, toasted
2 tbsp of coconut oil (at room temperature)
1 tbsp of agave or brown rice syrup
3 tbsp of raw cacao
1.5 tbsp of psyllium husks or ground flax seeds
Generous pinch of Himalayan pink salt
¼ tsp of cinnamon
- Toast your hazelnuts in an oven at 175C until golden and aromatic. Rub off the skins by rolling the nuts together in a dishcloth. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blitz the dates until almost smooth – if you can’t find Medjool dates you will need to simmer dried dates in 1tbsp of water until all of the water has been absorbed and the dates have softened.
- Transfer the dates to a bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients and mix until fully incorporated – you might need to get your hands dirty here. It should be a lovely thick chocolatey dough.
- Line a baking tray with clingfilm and press the dough into it so that the sides are even and the mixture about 3-4cm thick.
- Put the tray in the fridge and allow to set for at least an hour until gooey and delicious.
Recipe courtesy of Natasha Corrett at Honestly Healthy