This is a cheesecake like no other. If you're wanting a treat to serve up this weekend, this refined raspberry and rose flavoured dessert will have everyone asking for an extra slice.
- Butter, for greasing
- 250g of plain digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 x 135g pack of Hartley’s raspberry jelly cut into chunks
- 1/4 x 410g can of evaporated milk
- 200g of soft cream cheese
- 2 tsp of rose essence
- A handful of fresh raspberries and a few clean rose petals to decorate
- Heavily grease the base and sides of a 20cm spring form tin.
- In a bowl, mix together the crushed biscuits and the melted butter and press evenly into the bottom of the tin. Pop in the fridge to set.
- Dissolve the jelly in 100ml boiling water and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the evaporated milk until thickened and then whisk in the soft cheese until thick and creamy.
- Add the rose essence to the jelly mixture and then fold into the whisked evaporated milk and cheese. Pour over the digestive base and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm.
- To decorate, place some rose petals around the rim of the cake and top with an upside-down raspberry.
Recipe courtesy of Milly’s Real Food by Nicola ‘Milly’ Millbank (HarperCollins, £20)