Use up any leftover veg for this recipe; squash, pepper, asparagus, new potatoes, onions and green beans work well but you can also try aubergine, courgettes and even canned sweetcorn for a satisfying starter that's ready in minutes.
- 250g of cooked vegetables
- 2 eggs, beaten
- A small bunch of coriander, chopped (keep some to garnish)
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of hot chilli sauce or chilli flakes
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp of plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2–3 tbsp of olive oil
For The Lime Yoghurt Dip:
- 150ml of natural yoghurt
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Chop up the cooked veg and place in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, coriander, turmeric, chilli sauce, spring onions and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well until you have a loose batter consistency.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. When hot, fry spoonfuls of the mixture, pressing them down slightly for a couple of minutes on both sides.
- Mix together the yoghurt, lime juice and zest. Season well.
- Serve the fritters with a scattering of coriander leaves and the lime yoghurt.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Tonight by Alex Hollywood (Hodder & Stoughton, £25)