Beautifully violet in colour and sweet and earthy in taste, this dip is a delicious way to get rosy beetroot into your diet. Spread it onto oatcakes or spoon into a wholemeal pitta bread with plenty of rocket and sliced spring onion.
- 300g/10½oz of cooked beetroot, drained
- 4 tbsp of tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Oatcakes, or wholemeal/whole-wheat pitta bread, rocket and sliced spring onion, to serve
- Cook and drain the beetroot, cubed beetroot will take around 20 minutes to cook in boiling water. Alternatively, use vacuum-packed cooked beetroot
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Put one serving in a sealed container to take to work, chill the remainder in the fridge - it will keep for four days, or freeze for up to three months.
- Pack the oatcakes, rocket/arugula and spring onion/scallion to take with you.
Recipe courtesy of Packed by Becky Alexander and Michelle Lake, photography by Haarala Hamilton (Nourish Books 2017, £12.99)